Launch Your Career with an Industry Leader
With your career horizon before you, you can explore any path. Our management trainee program is specifically designed for recent graduates or those entering the industry to gain mentorship and hands-on training. Develop your skills for a role that allows you to make an impact in the food industry.
Hear from Trainees Who Started Here
The program helped me to build connections with other managers for when I needed to seek assistance and guidance. It gave me a strong understanding of the areas I wanted to work in and areas I didn’t. I also felt that I was able to leave the program with a general understanding of the expectations and goals.
– Catherine K., former Farm Management Trainee
As a Management Trainee, I was very hands-on and worked with multiple supervisors who helped mentor me. They let me make my own decisions, whether it was right or wrong, if it was a wrong decision, they would coach me afterwards and teach me why there was a better way to complete a task.
—Alfredo A., former Transportation Management Trainee
Prepare for Your Best Future
You can start strong with training that equips you for a supervisory or technical role. Follow your own unique pathway based on your interests and skills. You’ll be prepared for advanced roles at our company, which may include the direct management of people, a process or an area of operation.
- Spend 8-16 months learning different aspects of our business throughout our connected food system
- Develop your skills with technical, business management and leadership training
- Receive career guidance and mentorship from our leadership team
- Gain a deep understanding of the pork industry inside and outside your specific work area
- Capitalize on opportunities to develop and showcase your professional and leadership abilities
- Network with upper-level management and collaborate with other management trainees
The Benefits Start NowWork full-time while honing your skills – and start enjoying financial security, a solid benefits package and employee perks.
- Competitive pay
- Affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
- Retirement savings plans for full-time, active employees
- Paid time off and paid holidays to qualified employees
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Career training and advancement, including educational opportunities, scholarships for children of employees, and certification programs
- Online financial wellness courses for full-time employees
- Industry news webinars from Seaboard Foods leaders for full-time employees
- Employee discounts on pork products at periodic employee sales
- Employee referral bonuses of $1,000 for each referral
- Clean well-run facilities
- Annual community events and volunteering opportunities
Am I qualified to be a management trainee?
Trainees will be hired into a designated department based on skills, education, interest and company/departmental needs.
Are there opportunities for advancement?
Throughout our connected food system, there are a variety of jobs and career pathways for individuals in the trainee program. The program is designed to offer you flexibility to build your own career and advance into positions that you are passionate about.
How long does it take to advance in the company?
Once you start the trainee program, advancement is up to you. Seaboard Foods is looking for individuals with ambition, a positive attitude, a passion for the industry and a willingness to learn. How far and how quickly you advance at Seaboard Foods is in your hands.
What locations have trainee programs?
To learn more about locations, visit our locations page. Seaboard Foods has trainee programs in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and at our corporate headquarters in the Kansas City Metro Area (Merriam, Kan.).